This was the first time we go to Indonesia. As being trekking-lover, we were all impressed after seeing a picture of Mt Rinjani in Lombok. We decided that our honeymoon will be celebrated in our unique way: to conquer ourselves the way to Mt Rinjani. For any couples of friends, together trekking a challenging routes to Mt Rinjani might be the most memorable time. And we started looking for an agency for our Rinjani trip - This is how we met Lun Expeditions and his team~
I started to search on internet in Trip Advisor, via friends on facebook. I sent email to some agency to quote price and I found that Lun Expeditions have a very competitive price. Lun Expeditions team have full options for shared package and private package. So we think: why not give a try for such a good price like this? We talked with Mr. Lun some weeks before the trekking and he always reply us very quick. He is passionated about Mt Rinjani and he loves the mountain very much.
Before the trekking we decided to get a lot exercises. Maybe we can share some tips for your preparation as belows:
1. We run 5 kilometers non-stop to train our durability. You may also bring a pack of 4 kilograms and walks for steep road about 10 kilometers a day. Be prepared that you must walk on steep road at least 15 kilometers per day. If you could do this with no or less tiring, you are really fit for the trekking.
2. You need a really Good Shoes. You can better try on the trekking shoes and go for hiking, jogging in botanical gardens and parks to test the shoes. If bring bad shoes, your legs will soon be hurt and very tiring all the way. It will be like tortures rather than enjoying the beauty of trekking.
3. You may bring 2 pairs of gloves so that in case of slippery or steep road, you can do rock-climbing. The road is quite muddy or dusty on some difficult parts, so better prepared.
4. Bring your own tissues for hygiene. But please collect your own rubbish after uses to keep cleanliness on Mt Rinjani.
5. Bring warm and light jacket. The way to summit at 2 a.m is sooooo colddd. But dont stop, keep trying and walking slowly. Once you stop you might get cold, but if you keep going, everything will be alright. When the sun has risen, temperature will go up quick and the scenery is gorgeous.
When we arrived at Lombok airport, the driver of Lun Expeditions has already waited us. It took 2.5 hours driving from Airport to Senaru village. When we get there, Mr. Lun already there and he showed us the detailed map of the route from Senaru to Sembalun. This route is quite challenging and tiring, but is more beautiful and refreshed.
On the 1st day, we go inside the jungle from Senaru village and reach the camp at 4 pm, enough to see a beautiful sunset at our camps on the mountain crater while the porter cooked dinner for us. The road is continuously steep so after the 1st day, some people will feel hurt legs. While staying in our camp, we can have hot tea or coffee whenever we want and the porters and the tour guide Mr. Adis helped us a lot. Food is so yummyyy.
The 2nd day is the long walk from the crater to the lake and then go up to the camp site at 2700m. The road has lots of rocks so still easier for rock-climbing.
The 3rd day might be the most difficult and challenging day. We get up at 2am, have a light breakfast and then go to the summit. The road to summit is very slippery, so you must be careful. When we back to the camp, we had one more breakfast and then go down from the crater to Sembalun village.
I think we are lucky that we have an exceptional good price and services of Lun Expeditions. After 3d2n, we have been immerged in the beauty of Mt Rinjani. Lun Expeditions do a really good jobs. I just want to say thank you to all Lun Expeditions team. The food is so tasty, the guide and porters helped us a lot and every members always treat us so warmly and welcome. Very highly recommend Lun Expeditions team to all trekker. Mt Rinjani is a real challenge and a true beauty in Lombok. Youmust definitely go to Mt Rinjani and book tour with Lun Expeditions team !